Board of Advisors Meeting 2.16.17
The FCEA Board of Advisors met in New York City on February 16, 2017. This was the first in-person meeting of the BoA.
- FCEA Director Simon Nicholson provided an overview of FCEA’s current and future work, with an account of the Academic Working Group’s work from Sikina Jinnah and Andrew Light. Josh Horton provided a brief overview of the soon-to-be-launched SGE at Harvard.
- There were a number of useful discussions about and proposals for expanding the diversity of FCEA and the people with whom it engages.
- There was discussion of the options for public engagement and education.
Board members present were:
- Neil Craik, University of Waterloo
- Sikina Jinnah, UC Santa Cruz
- Andrew Light [by Skype], World Resources Institute/George Mason
- Jane Long, “Retired”
- Doug MacMartin, CalTech/Cornell
- Janos Pasztor, C2G2
- Pablo Suarez, Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
Board members not present
- Tom Ackerman, University of Washington
- Clive Hamilton, Somewhere in Australia
- Mark Lawrence, IASS
- Lynn Russell, Scripps
- David Winickoff, UC Berkeley
Note: this meeting included some participants in the earlier meeting who were neither Board Members nor staff of FCEA.
- Holly Buck, FCEA/Cornell
- Jane Flegal, UC Berkeley
- Tracy Hester, University of Houston Law Center
- Josh Horton, Harvard Kennedy School
- Drew Jones, Climate Interactive
- David Morrow, FCEA/American
- Oliver Morton, The Economist
- Kai-Uwe Schmidt, C2G2
Detailed notes can be found here.