This resources page is continuously updated and is not exhaustive. If you feel an important resource is missing and would like to see it added, please contact us.
Articles (separate page)
Blogs, discussion groups & news
- Geoengineering Google group (archived version here)
- Climate Ethics Blog – International Society for Environmental Ethics
- Geoengineering Politics Blog
- Geoengineering Our Climate – A Working Paper Series on the Ethics, Politics and Governance of Climate Engineering
- Climate Engineering News – an initiative of the Kiel Earth Institute in cooperation with the Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE)
- Compilation: Geoengineering and the Global Climate Emergency Resources – Ecosanity
- Ethics of Geoengineering Online Resource Center (part of the Program on Ethics and Public Affairs in the Mansfield Center at the University of Montana, funded by the National Science Foundation)
Papers (separate page)
- “Climate Intervention: Carbon Dioxide Removal and Reliable Sequestration and Climate Intervention: Reflecting Sunlight to Cool Earth” – National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences, February, 2015.
- “A Civil Society Meeting on Geoengineering” – Washington Geoengineering Consortium, December, 2013.
- “Geoengineering: Governance and Technology Policy” – Congressional Research Service – November, 2013.
- “Geoengineering: A National Strategic Plan for Research on the Potential Effectiveness, Feasibility, and Consequences of Climate Remediation Technologies” – Bipartisan Policy Center’s Task Force on Climate Remediation Research, October, 2011.
- “Climate Engineering, Technical status, future directions, and potential responses” – U.S. Government Accountability Office, July, 2011.
- “A Coordinated Strategy Could Focus Federal Geoengineering Research and Inform Governance Efforts” – U.S. Government Accountability Office, September, 2010.
- “An Analysis of Climate Engineering as a Response to Climate Change” – Copenhagen Consensus Center, 2010.
- “Geoengineering the climate: science, governance and uncertainty” – The Royal Society, September, 2009.
- Climate Change Geoengineering: Philosophical Perspectives, Legal Issues, and Governance Frameworks – editors Wil C.G. Burns & Andrew Strauss, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Earthmasters: The Dawn of the Age of Climate Engineering – Clive Hamilton, Yale University Press, 2013.
- A Case for Climate Engineering – David Keith, M.I.T. Press, 2013.
- Engineering the Climate: The Ethics of Solar Radiation Management – editor Christopher J. Preston, Lexington Books, 2012.
- Hack the Planet: Science’s Best Hope – or Worst Nightmare – for Averting Climate Catastrophe – Eli Kintisch, Wiley Press, 2010.
- Fixing the Sky: The Checkered History of Weather and Climate Control – James Fleming, Columbia University Press, 2010.
- How to Cool the Planet: Geoengineering and the Audacious Quest to Fix Earth’s Climate – Jeff Goodell, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2010
Interview & discussion media, seminar materials
- Asilomar International Conference on Climate Intervention Technologies – Climate Response Fund, 2009.
- Consider Soft Geoengineering – Wilson Center Science and Technology Innovation Program, 2012.
- Geoengineering Climate: Technical Evaluation of Selected Approaches – National Academy of Sciences, United States, 2013-present.
- European Transdisciplinary Assessment of Climate Engineering (EUTRACE) – Europe
- Task Force on Geoengineering – Bipartisan Policy Center, United States.
- Solar Radiation Management Governance Initiative (SRMGI) – convened by a partnership of the Environmental Defense Fund (United States), the Royal Society (United Kingdom), and TWAS, (the World Academy of Sciences)
- Cooling the Earth Through Solar Radiation Management – International Risk Governance Council, Switzerland.
- Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies, Potsdam, Germany.
- Atmospheric Aerosol Group – Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego
- Geoengineering: Science and Governance – Harvard University Center for the Environment and MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change initiative)
- Oxford Geoengineering Programme
- University of California, Berkely